I was feeling down last week because I was dealing with some issues and concerns in my personal life. I decided to deal with it peacefully and to let these concerns be, simply because I'm powerless over them and it seems that the best thing I can do is to just wait and see.

I was at this state when my friend, Ken Noecker sent me a simple text message. Ken is a friend who never fails to amaze me with his friendship and brotherly love and his simple gesture of thoughtfulness would always make me feel that I am deeply loved by God. I believe that God did that on purpose. He sent people my way so I would know and feel that I am loved and cared for always. He uses people, things, situations, music, etc. so He could reach out to me and speak to my heart.

The Lord indeed is the ultimate source of my happiness and joy. At that very instant, I was led to reflect on the wisdom of finding true joy in God regardless of my state in life--married or single. Many single individual feel that being married will complete them but reality would tell otherwise. Being married won't guarantee you eternal happiness, there are pains and hurts that a wife cannot share to her husband (like the pain of childbirth, as a sister in community would put it). And I have met married women who would feel a void in their hearts at times despite the presence of loving men in their lives. This is because God alone could fill that void in our hearts that no one else can--not even the dearest person in our lives.

Again, I am not against marriage as I dream of being married myself. However, as a single person I think I have to learn to be content with what God has already blessed me with because I do believe that if I find it difficult to be happy while single, I am sure that I will have hard time finding happiness in married life.

So, I thank God for bringing joy and happiness and therefore, contentment in my life and I thank you for being His instruments of joy and love.


Note: Photo obtained from the web